Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

iTunes 9.1 Sync Services bug

I'm guessing that everyone out there with the iTunes application is having sync problems since the 9.1 upgrade right? Well I was one that was affected and for a week or so my iPhone's personal details wasn't being sync with iTunes every time you start it up. Everytime you start up the iTunes application you get an error saying "iTunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later".


Well today I found the solution to the problem. If you’re using Windows, it seems that there is a conflict with a certain DLL (Dynamic-link library) and renaming it fixes the issue. Now I don’t know what happens with the rest of the system if you rename this file and I take no responsibility as to what happens to your system or your applications but this worked for me.

In the Windows System32 folder there is a file called SQLite3.dll and there are a few ways of solving the issue. You can either rename it which is what I’ve done or move that file out of the folder. Once you have done either, just restart your iTunes application and it should be working fully now.

I have found another solution whereby you rename another file called libxml2.dll but I couldn’t find that. Anyway this worked for me so it’s up to you if you want to try the fix.

Post a Comment