Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City; Froze on the Libertonian Mission

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City has been out for almost two weeks now and I've been playing it recently to catch up on GTA goodness. Episodes from Liberty City comes with two episodes; "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" which was made exclusively for the XBOX 360 back in late October 2009. So yeah the XBOX folks have had their fun and it's now the PC and the PS3 folks turn.

I've only just finished the "Lost and Damned" episode which was rather short really but still fun. According to Grand Theft Wiki, it has 22 missions with a few random character missions + other bits in total. I guess if you're a seasoned GTA player, you'll get through these missions pretty quickly.

One thing that had occurred while I was playing the "Collector's Item" mission was that the PS3 froze on me just as you exit the Libertonian. After performing a couple of force restarts and replaying that same mission (about 5 times) I gave up. Later I found a fix for the problem. Some have said that it is caused by the PSN sign-in and suggested that you log out and try again. I did and that didn't work for me.

What eventually worked was that just before you exit the Libertonian, call up the Lost Boys (either Clay or Terry) and request for backup. Shoot the exit door so it swings open to the other side to give you enough gap to tackle the others waiting outside. After a while you should be able to exit the building without freezing and continue on with the game mission.

I'm now playing the "Ballad of Gay Tony" and though there are some slight differences, for example after finishing each mission, you get a small summary of tasks you've completed for that mission. That is ok but can be abit annoying.

Anyway is it worth the £24.73 as what I paid for through Amazon? I don't think so. I think you're better off with the original Grand Theft Auto IV which is selling for about £12.99 now through Amazon which give had a lot more to offer than the spin-off episodes.

Post a Comment