Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Are you sick?

Are you feeling sick? I know I am... This year the cold weather has been set upon us early, arctic winds from the North bringing the temperature down to single digits and in some occasion’s negative values. I have been pretty good holding up to all the coughs and sneezes around and then all the sudden it hit me…

I was at the gym in the early mornings of early last week and after exercising till I felt it was my resting point, some guy walks by and coughs in my area. He had no regards of whom or where he was coughing at. He didn’t cover his mouth while he was coughing and that only help the spread of his germs. I had a feeling that afternoon that I was going to be the next one coughing.

And as you’ve guessed it, I got sick. I have been resting at home for about 5 days now and am only recovering now. The first few days I’ve had sleepless nights. Waking up every hour to cough and when I had to cough my head felt like it was going to explode causing severe headaches. With the loss of appetite the only food I could really take in was my homebrew of hot honey and lemon drink. When I wasn’t drinking my brew I would be sleeping almost 70% of each day. That’s how exhausted I was for that week as my body tries to recover. I had lost almost 4 kilos in that week. Not bad for not going to the gym but not a great way of losing the excess weight.

Now I’m back to semi good health. Still coughing and have the slight runny nose but not as frequent now and the flem that I cough out are not dark brown in colour anymore or covered in blood! Yep! That’s how bad it was.

So note to everyone who’s reading this, if you are sick and you are out and about, please stop and consider others around you. Stop the spread of germs that make you and others sick!

To help stop the spread of germs,
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
• Put your used tissue in the waste basket.

Clean your hands after coughing or sneezing.
• Was with soap and water
• Clean with alcohol-based hand cleaner.

If this was in America I could probably have sued that guy that made me this sick!

Post a Comment