Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Nokia N93

I've had my Nokia N93 now for about 16 months now. I had originally purchased this phone online without trying it out or even see it physically before purchasing. So I was taking a big chance in buying the phone. I mean it was expensive. At that time of release I had paid something like £480 for the phone. It's a bulky phone but for the features available I knew it was a good investment.

Anyway 3 days into using the phone, when it was plugged in to charge, the battery indicator was showing that it was charging but in fact it wasn't. I had sent it back for a replacement. So I’m on my replacement phone now and it’s all working beautifully. Like the inbuilt optical camera and all.

When I had the phone I try to get every single accessory for it. I went nuts. I had attached the original supplied wrist band to the phone. I would pull on the wrist band to get the phone out of the pocket every time. 2 months after use now. It seems that every time I would pull on the wrist strap it was actually applying force to the clip end of the phone. Eventually it snapped. I was like WTF?! I thought at least the plastics would handle the stress. Ok so I managed to fix it along the way. I’ve tried cement glue etc to stick the pieces back together. Eventually that gave way too so now I'm just using sellotape to cover the end of the phone. Sick and tired of the pieces exposing etc.


Oh the plastic lens cap also tore off after 1 month of use. Not even with heavy usage. I tried to mod the lens cap as well in many ways so I didn't have to buy another lens cap but only lasted for another week.

So great. It has been almost 14 months now since I have had anything done to the phone. Everything was running smoothly until recently when I flick the phone into camera mode and all I see is a black screen. All I see now is a blueish glow at the left bottom corner. Weird I thought, so I flick it into video camera mode and all I see are a series of lines on the screen. Pretty funky actually but hey WTF happened to the optical camera? It still zooms in and out etc but nothing on the screen. I mean I know it has been like 2-3 months since I had used the camera but WTF!


This is a Nokia product after all. Have they suddenly gone cheap when they were producing this phone? From an always Nokia brand supporter I was expecting a quality product and especially from such an expensive phone. I still like the Nokia brand itself but hey it only takes one bad experience to switch to a competitor.

iPhone 3G is on my next phone wish list...

Post a Comment